HOW TO PUT ON ARMOR IN MINECRAFT SUVIVIAL MODE PC
1. Open your Inventory
If you don’t have any armor in your inventory, you can quickly make some with these crafting recipes for armor.
To put on armor, you first need to open your inventory. The game control to open your inventory depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), press the E key to open the inventory menu.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), tap on the button with 3 dots to open your inventory and then tap on the button with the picture of an iron chestplate.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the Y button to open your inventory.
- For PS3 and PS4, press the Triangle button to open your inventory.
- For Wii U, press the X button to open your inventory.
- For Nintendo Switch, press the X button to open your inventory.
- For Windows 10 Edition, press the E key to open the inventory menu.
- For Education Edition, press the E key to open your inventory.
2. Put on Armor
The instructions are different to put in armor in different game modes – Survival vs Creative mode.
How to put on Armor in Survival Mode
If you are playing in Survival mode and have your inventory open, you will see a picture of your character with four boxes that allow you to change the armor that you are wearing.
Move the armor that you want to wear from your inventory to the boxes to the left of your character.
The diamond helmet goes in the helmet box. The diamond chestplate goes in the chestplate box. The diamond leggings go in the leggings box. The diamond boots go in the boots box.
As you move each armor item to your character’s clothing boxes, you will see your character’s appearance change as the armor is worn.
Now when you return to the game, you should see your character wearing the new armor.