STEPS FOR USING GoDaddy Domains with WordPress Multisite MU
1. Point your domain to the servers ip address in DNS Manager.
2. Create an add on domain n CPANEL and point it to the public html root folder not the subdirectory it tries to create.
3. Be patient and wait 24 hours before proceeding further with the domain.
4. After 24 hours, check the forward to your root or main multi site.
5. If the domain is pointing to your root or main multisite, change the domain in the MU sites editor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your GoDaddy hosting plan must be at least deluxe hosting for this to work.