Since GUITAR RIG 5 the preset database structure has changed. GUITAR RIG 5 uses a tag-based preset browser to facilitate sound administration.
Note: To access a GUITAR RIG 5 preset database with more than one computer, it is recommended to use the GUITAR RIG 5 default installation paths and folders.
First, make sure your different systems fulfill the requirements listed below:
- The same version of GUITAR RIG 5 (eg. GUITAR RIG 5.1.1) must be installed on both computers. Start Service Center or alternatively log into the Native Instruments Website and go to Support > Updates to update to the latest version of your software.
- Both computers must have the same operating system installed (eg. Windows 7).
- The name of the system drive must be identical on both machines (eg. ‘C’ drive).
- Both computers must have the EXACT same user name. In the below example the user name is ‘Support’. Your computer’s user name is listed under: Control Panel>User Accounts and Family Safety>User Account
Sharing a GUITAR RIG 5 Database with Different Computers
If you have verified that the above criteria applies for both systems, follow the below steps to share a GUITAR RIG 5 database with different computers:
- Copy the folder named ‘Guitar Rig 5’ located under the below path to a USB stick or external hard drive: C:>Users>*username*>AppData>Local>Native Instruments>Guitar Rig 5
Note: In order to view the folder “AppData”, you need to make hidden folders visible. Read this article to learn more.
- On your second computer, place the folder ‘Guitar Rig 5’ in exact same location (C:>Users>*username*>AppData>Local>Native Instruments>Guitar Rig 5) so that the folder locations on both computers are identical.
- Copy the GUITAR RIG 5 ‘Sounds’ folder containing your user presets to your second computer (via USB stick or external hard drive). The default installation path of the ‘Sounds’ folder is: C:>Users>*username*>Documents>Native Instruments>Guitar Rig 5>Sounds
Your custom presets and tags are now available on both computers.