Notes on the future of social media from the 2016 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity presentation by Peter Kim
- the way it is used now will be gone
- it will be shoppable. not just viewing and reading text or clicking a link. you can make the purchase immediately.
- it will be snackable. shorter and more concise content – only a few seconds. So that users can get it, digest it and move on.
- it will be automated – artificial intelligence (AI) will take over. Higher yields can be gained by utilizing analytics, patterns, etc….
- it will be connective. Back to the original purpose of connecting societies; the world.
Avoid clutter, interruption and irrelevance.